Born today 56 years ago

Birthday boy today!   The birthday has kinda got snowed over by a lot of other events, but that is fine with me.  We closed on our new house on Thursday and are working on  getting our move organized.   The previous owners are still in the process of moving out and should be out by the latest on Monday.  If they get out sooner, we will start hauling stuff into the house.   Linda and I leave for Thanksgiving with the kids on Wednesday and I will not return for about 18 days.  That is a probelm that will delay our move until mid December.   Kinda sucks because we are anxious to get into our 1880 Folk Victorian.    So we wait and plan. .   

I have been doing some working out.  Today I did my heavy legs with fronts squats up to 245 pounds and some power cleans up to 155 pounds.   Felt good and my strength is improving slightly as expected in the winter.  Thankfully my body weight is hanging below 200 pounds,  Thanksgiving and deer week will challenge that mark.  

I have also been doing some running on treadmills.  i was in New Jersy this week and got a chance to do some cycles.   I have been doing pretty well with 8 min/mile pace for 800 meters.  I have been doing sets of 3 or 4, depending on how I feel.  In the next three weeks I will be challenged to get any workouts, but deer week is very physical with a lot of hills, carrying a gun ( surprisingly difficult) and dragging dead deer.   Then there is the cards ( elbow issues) , deer skinning, lying and beer drinking.   I will survive, but it is not as easy as it looks.

Tonight my sweetie is taking me to 'The Southern Steak and Oyster' in downtown Nashville.  And I am having a steak and some oysters, yum.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joseph Ford III is a Wonderful Man

Enough!

First Time Ever?