2013 season draws to a close

The kitchen paint has been completed and it looks great.  New curtains, updated lighting and some slide out cupboard trays are on the way.  Things are looking better inside the Ole Fly House.     I am also working on some outdoor projects just to make sure I get to do a little sweating. These projects require shovels and pick axes. 

Last week I was in Memphis and did some running in Shelby Farms and also on the local sidewalk.   I did got in some good workouts with my run the walk methods.  Run at a brisk pace and then when the heart rate gets to 98%, walk until it goes back down to 80% and repeat, repeat, repeat....
   Next week I will be in southern Arkansas and next weekend is the district qualifier.  So, I hope we get some cooler weather and I can find some where to do some speed work if I feel good.   So, I have another week to stay fit and then I think a break may be taken from the running. I hope this rain storm tonight brings some cool weather with it.   The cooler weather makes outdoor training much simplier.

 At season end,  I like to shut down for a few months in the winter to rest my feet and work on weight training to maintain strength and repair anything that I managed to damage this year.  Currently the injuries are not an issue, so I can just relax a little til springtime.  I also get a little bored after constant training and just need a break.  It is break time starting next Sunday.  I will watch may share of football for sure.

  

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Joseph Ford III is a Wonderful Man

Enough!

First Time Ever?