Football

Today is The Game.  Michigan vs Ohio State with a lot riding on the one.   This is a make or break for either program.   I am a Buckeye and Linda is a Wolverine, so let the fur fly.   And it will!!

Last night Linda and I went next door to watch the Raptors return to the state finals in 6A football for the second straight year.   It was a fantastic game.  20-13 was the final.



Two great kids on this team are Crews Holts "The Leg" # 97 who kicked a 55 yard field goal last night to tie the score at 13 all and break the back of the Memphis Whitehaven team.  The opponents had a very poor kicker and extra points were a challenge.  His bomb just broke their will from my stand point as an interested fan.  The wind was in his favor on this kick, and I saw him hit a 52 yarder this season, so he has the leg.  I talked to him in the summer and he wanted to go to LSU and kick, I don't see anything stopping that dream now.  He is the real deal. 
 
# 19 is the neighbor kid, John Thompson, who is the inside linebacker.  He makes a lot of plays and has had a boat load of TFL this year and when he gets a chance, can put a hurt on you.  Last year he knocked two quarterbacks out of games with good clean hits and last night he got a good clean shot on the QB as he scrambled up field in the final drive for Whitehaven .  He got up, but needed to leave the game--he got racked up.  He left a few plays later, but was out on his feet.   I am not sure how he does it, but he has a knack to get some really hard shots on guys with out looking like hard shots.  He is a my 'Bad Ass' linebacker this season.
 
That was a whale of a ball game and another fantastic season,  on to the rematch with Maryville.
 
I ran the 5 K on Thanksgiving Day and finished in 31:00 which is 7 seconds slower  than my last 5K two years ago.  That was right in the middle of my 55-59 age group.   I wanted to get below 30 minutes, but my first mile was nearly 11 minutes and I could not get that time back.  I think the heavy traffic slowed me some, and I was conscious of not going out too quick like my previous run.   I need more race experience to break 30.  Amazing how experience makes the difference, but it does at all distances and levels of competition.   I will get it another shot next year.  This race is a big fund raiser for a local group--Grace Works-- that feeds the hungry and it worthy of support. 
 
I felt good and the next day had very little soreness.  So, I made it unscathed.   I now get to rest a little bite and do some weight training and rest my feet. 
 
Now it is time for Christmas and we are decorating the entire house. We will get all the kids for a couple of days and that is a lot of fun with chaos all around.  Bring it on.  
 
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joseph Ford III is a Wonderful Man

Enough!

First Time Ever?