Skip to main content

Fractional facts

Puck  Night did not work out as planned, Pekka Rinne is 0-6 in the Paint Bucket and he just struggles.  Hopefully we can extend when we get the Preds back to Nashville.


Here is the heat sheet for the 100 m,  hopefully it is legible. 

Today we ran the  100 meter prelims and I got fractioned out and missed the Finals by 6 inches.  We had 6 heats and you take the heat winner and next 3 quick for a total of 9.  I was third in my heat with a time of 13.38 seconds, which also the time of one other racer.  The time to make the show was 13.37 and we were outside looking in.   The time difference amounts to 6 inches!  A better lean or slight improvement could have moved me on, but it was not to be.  The time was pretty good and I cannot whine about that.  The knee is still off some  and it has a slight numbness like pain, it is going to need a tune up when we return to Nashville.  Tomorrow is the 200 meter prelims in the afternoon.  It is getting hotter by the day and my shoes are starting to have track rubber stick to them.  Bad sign to me about the heat.
Linda and I have eaten twice  at a little restaurant in town called Real and Rosemary.  The food is fresh, local sourced and really good.  Today was fried green tomatoes, turkey with a gravy, and slaw which tatsed like a fusion of kemche and vinegar slaw and it was fantastic.  Try it if  you get in the area.  We have two post race meals at the place and todya actually used the little discount that came in our athlete packet.  

More tomorrow from the track at Samford University

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Setbacks

Setbacks are part of life and we generally have no choice but to accept them in style.  I was in Wisconsin this week presenting some material to a large group of tissue makers.  Normally, you are subjected to hotel food and eating in groups.    I try as much as I can to be strict on my diet due to my garlic allergy and restrictions from gout when traveling.  I must have either goofed up or had something slip by, but I got a major case of food poisoning Monday night.  As I get older, the food poisoning symptoms and reaction becomes more severe and lingers much longer.   I got sick--the messy part- Monday night late and was finished with that deal by Tuesday morning.  But all day Tuesday and into Wednesday my body was trashed.  Tuesday was stay in bed basically all day.  I did leave the hotel twice for visits to the local store for some food and liquids.  Getting out of bed and to the car was a major task and quite le...

Race Day Again

Finally, we get to race again! As many of you know, I was injured last April 4, 2024. I had a disk at L4 vertebra collapse and pinch a nerve in my back that caused over half of my lower leg strenth to disappear. I had a lot of atrophy in my right leg quad and I have been recovering ever since. I am close to 100% on strength and the right leg looks like it is very close to normal size again, but it has been a battle. I have been working in the gym, doing pilates again and also running. All of these things must be done in balance so you can get the proper rest and recover. I still do full body massages every two weeks and I also have been working with a Cox Technique Chiro since the injury on a weekly or biweekly basis. The chiro has gotten me stretched back out and the pressure off the nerve, that treatment has been the real source of healing in my opinion. MY normal doctor was not any help, but this is not what normal doctors do--naturally healing. The first meet of 202...

First Time Ever?

Things are just a little crazy with the chaos associated with the coronavirus and the global reaction.   Talking with my wife and brother, as well as the rest of the world that will still chat with you, nobody can remember anything quite like this situation.   The crash into the Twin Towers on 9-11 had some elements of the situation, but the total shutdown of sporting events, meetings, global travel and the run on water, sanitizer and toilet paper is just totally new to us.  The Master Indoors meet was cancelled this week, I was not planning on going this year.   I am in the middle of relocation from Nashville to Harper Ferry , West Virginia.  On March 31 we will close on the Brentwood house and close on the new place on April 2.   Getting this into place has been a real battle, but it is going to happen.    We are on our third contract for the Brentwood house and after trying to sell it for 9 or 10 months it will close this ...