Still Thinking

I am still working on getting some full time work.   I have an interview this week with a chemical company and I may get back into the chemistry end of the tissue business.    But on to more important things.   June is coming to town. 

Our grand daughter is coming for a two week stay and the Fly Away Farm is going to be a busy place with a 2 year old holding sway over the operations. Linda and I are excited for the opportunity to have June stay for about 10 days and enjoy some nice weather.  I am in Milwaukee today and it is gloomy and I am being positive!  Ick.   This will be a trip back in time for us with a new set of aches and pains to remind that old people do not need kids full time. 

We went to down town Nashville before the draft party started--we were there Wednesday night--and checked out the venue.  I also went back down on Sunday near the 6 and and 7 rounds to check out the humanity again.  Nashville can throw a party--the crowds were way down from the peak, but there was chaos at every turn.   Just a wall of football jerseys and people with drinks in their hands.  TV programs on every perch as well.  They also ran the Nashville Marathon  on Saturday and I felt bad for the finishers as they had to wade through the football crush to get a cold one or two.  The marathon finished in Nissan Stadium and most were walking over the ped bridge to the downtown area.   The bridge was filled with sight seers, the NFL had added a digital display for each team and the bridge was really a busy spot.   There was something at every turn to catch your eye and ears.   

Nashville needs to do it again real soon. They can throw a dandy party.

I am going to race this weekend at a Tennessee USATF Master meet in Nashville.  I have been sore for weeks working on strength and endurance and I want to see if it was worth the effort. .   I am going to run a 60, 100 and 200.  I have may not get a chance to run another 100 this season, so I need a time in the books for comparison at least. I also want some 60 and 200 times for the outdoor chart, I have not competed outdoor this season.  So Saturday we will see what we have for speed.  I will rest a lot of this week and get some juice back in the legs and let it rip this weekend. 

On a sadder note, I have been using Prairie Life Fitness as my gym for many years.  It has a track that I can use for conditioning, weights and hot tubs--all the stuff I really need.  They are closing this week and I will need to find another place to train.  I will miss the scale the most, it was my 'official' scale and now I will have to get a new weight baseline. Crap.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joseph Ford III is a Wonderful Man

Enough!

District Qualifier