Which pocket does this fit??

During my frequent travels I rent cars almost weekly.  I get to drive some nice vehicles and some marginal at best "midsize" sedans.    It seems that the upper midwest has the worst car selection.   But, they all have something in common and that is the mess of keys they give you when you pick up the car.   I added this picture of the latest 'mess' I recieved when I picked up a Toyota Sienna mini van.   There are 3 keys including the valet, 2 fobs and the tag all bound together with 2 black plastic rings.   No way to separate them--one big glob of keys.     So, my question is  "which pocket are these supposed to fit"??     In the winter, you have a pocket in your jacket or coat to put keys, gloves, glasses, phones, etc.   In the warmer months, the jacket is gone and you stick these things where?    If you put them in your pants pocket, they will somehow rub a hole into your skin or create a hideous bulge that makes sitting imposssible.    I know I am sounding like Andy Rooney, but the key deal just drives me crazy.   I could fix it, but they know better and they have their way of doing things.   In the mean time, I have been accidently breaking one of the bands and releasing one key for my pocket and leaving the rest in the car.  Works great for me and I stay in some degree of  fashion. 

Even though the keys have been driving me nusts, I have been running 4 days per week.  I get enough rest with that schedule and I think over all this will help reduce the chance of muscle or foot injuries.    It is still too cold to run outside, but it is getting closer by the day.     I have been adding more intensity to the workouts.  I had been doing mostly 800 meters at a 8:00 minute per mile pace.  I would do three of theses and have a nice 700 calorie workout.   I can now do those in 500 calories!!  So, I have been ramping up the speed to 7:00 and 6:30 pace to get the calorie count back up.    I tried a 6:00 pace yesterday and my heart rate was less than maximum,  but my was breathing very hard and it basically whipped my butt! I am not ready for that speed yet.     I did get enough running in at slower paces to burn over 800 calories.     I will continue to increase the intensity and maybe add some more distance.  I do 2400 to 2800 meters at pace now for a running work out.

I bought some new shoes to try this weekend.  One of the runner magazines rated all the new running shoes and I was intrigued with Newton brand.   They are waiting for me at home and I will give them a try this weekend.   The Newton's are some very different technolgy and I am excited to give it a shot.   Plus they are a good looking shoe--some real color!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joseph Ford III is a Wonderful Man

Enough!

First Time Ever?