Norwegian Miner Training

Yep, I have been doing some mining as of late. Our house is build with a very short crawl space and access to some of the HVAC is in this area under the house.    I can only make myself only so thin, and that amount of thin would not fit into what it is needed to fit into.  Only way to get there was to dig.   So in the last couple of weeks I have been mining out dirt from under the house.  I have removed about 7 yards to date and need to get out a few more to really have great access.  Once I got out enough dirt to see all of the duct work, it was clear what had happened in the last couple for years before we bought he house.  The wild animals--foxes, skunks, groundhogs,etc had burrowed under the house and also had managed to destroy the flexible hoses used in the HVAC duct work below the floor.  There is a distribution duct with 7 outlets to various parts of the house and only one was intact.  The remainder had all the flexible house destroyed.     My job was to get the hoses replaced so we could keep the house a lot more comfortable.  More work to do, but I have gotten a good start on keeping the HVAC back up to speed.  Keeping warm will get easier.

I think the house was empty for long periods of time and the animals moved in and took over.  I have done some upgrades on the access doors and repaired any holes that would allow the critters inside.    The critters will no longer be welcomed.   

What has Norwegian Mining training got to do with running??  If taken in small enough doses, it builds a LOT of core strength and wears your butt out--sweating buckets all the while.   Shovels, buckets, picks and sweat equity.  I have gained a little weigh in the process due to the amount of strength work involved. 

Linda is progressing very well on her knee rehab.  Everyday is a little better for her. She can now drive her new work car and get around without a cane if necessary. She has another month before she returns to her grind. Her company is in the process of getting sold off from Johnson and Johnson, so that adds a little intrigue to her rehab period.  My grind picks back up next Monday.  I will travel two weeks and then take two weeks off for Christmas and deer hunting. Back to hotel life.   I will miss being home everyday with Linda, she is good company.  Pretty too!!

I have started some training with treadmill work.  My fitness level snapped back pretty quickly.  I ran 1600 meters last week in 9 minutes without maxing out my heart rate.  I am working on running 800 meter runs at a certain pace to train the heart and breathing.    I have also been mixing in some strength work, making sure to go slow and not get greedy and get hurt.   So, I went right back to 700 to 800 calorie workouts and feel pretty good the next day.  The feet are holding up fine and I hope to keep it that way.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joseph Ford III is a Wonderful Man

Enough!

First Time Ever?