White Christmas

We just returned from a few days in Chicago, where we got to hang with the kids and enjoy a white Christmas.  It was great to get together for a few days and visit and check up on everyone.   I think everyone had  a great time  with our Yankee Swap and normal gift exchange.  The Yankee swap is where we basically open gag gifts for a couple of hours, it is a fun event,   Oh, and we also ate pretty well.  I got on my 'official' scale yesterday and managed to add 4 pounds to the darn thing in a week, looks like I had some fun this Christmas.  

As I mentioned, it was a white Christmas in Chicago.  A little bit of new snow each of the 3 days we were in town.   Driving was only a challenge on one day.  Otherwise, the usual cloudy, cold winter time weather for the upper Midwest.   I do not miss the cold and snow mess.  I will go visit it and happily leave to the more temperate winters in TN.   Although currently it has been raining for 2 days, it will not last long and spring will be here soon--it has to, three garden seed catalogs arrived yesterday in the mail.

We returned to TN with Rosemary in tow.   She is our youngest and we have a chance to spend some extra time with her before her return to Texas.   She went with Linda and I to the gym yesterday for some exercise.   I worked on the treadmill to burn off some the new me that has shown up and Linda continues to get stronger on her left leg.  Rosemary did some tread milling.   Linda is walking pretty well without a cane, but still needs some assistance for slopes and she was not fond of the ice  and slick stuff in Chicago--nor was I. 

I have done little physical training or workouts in the last week, but the scale is yelling pretty loud about getting busy again.   I did run the 800 and 600 meters on a treadmill yesterday and did some other higher speed stuff on the track.   I was trying to burn a lot of calories quickly  and felt pretty good.   I need to do a little more mining, some tread milling and also do some shooting with my muzzle loader rifle.   I am hunting deer next weekend in Ohio and need to make sure the thing still works and my gear is ready.  That is a great way to burn off some calories if I can control the thirst for brewskies. We will see....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joseph Ford III is a Wonderful Man

Enough!

First Time Ever?