Birthday Blog

Today is my birthday, I am now 57 years old.   I appears that I will spend most of the day indoors, it is raining quite hard and windy as well.  

So for starters  today we are watching yesterday's USA women's curling Olympic qualifier on DVR.    Linda and I both enjoy the matches.  There is a lot of shot making and strategy the whole way through.   And this winter we will get to see the Sochi Olympics curling this winter. There will be a lot of people yelling "hard" in various languages. Hopefully we send a team that can medal.

Linda is recovering at a rapid pace from knee replacement.  She is fixing breakfast today and is also baking a cake!!! Yum.  She is making a German chocolate this year.  Yesterday we went to a wedding and she was able to make it about 2 hours before the pain from the knee and aggravation from the wedding party was enough.  She is gaining every day in strength and stamina.  This last week, the staples were removed and she began riding in the car in a normal upright position.   The blood thinners are done this week--they really cramp your style.    Everyday she makes progress towards a normal daily life.  

I am still in my off season and not going to the gym, but I have been building some fence and other jobs around the place that involve digging holes and moving dirt around.  But, I will be starting some work out stuff soon.     This is typically the time of year I will gain 5 to 10 pounds and I am going to see if I can limit the gain a little this year with some more activity. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joseph Ford III is a Wonderful Man

Enough!

First Time Ever?