I Love a Tie

A NFL football game ended in a tie yesterday and A LOT of people are mad that they ended in a tie.  Too bad,  I love a tie!!   You have good and bad ties.  A good tie is when one of the teams is happy.... they escaped with a tie--they were expecting to get beat.  On the other hand, you get bad ties when both teams  think they should have won the game and ended up tied.   Those are my favorites!!  Everyone is pissed.   So if everyone goes home mad, it is a good thing in my opinion.    And if they play again in the same season, it makes for some pay backs--better hitting, short tempers,  a lot of bad feelings all around... I love it.   The new rules on football allow for overtime in high school, college and pros, but I still like the traditional terms of "played to stalemate, kissed your sister, did not settle anything".......let them tie. For the playoffs, keep playing, somebody needs to survive and move on. 

Linda and I went to the gym a couple days ago, she wanted to do some bike riding to get her new knee warmed up.  She has started working with the bike now at PT and is encouraged by the results.  My gym work is described below, and she had a better workout that I did. We are at 4 weeks today with her recovery and she is doing fantastic.   Everyday, something gets a little bit better and now she can actually get on the floor and do some exercises--this is a giant leap in progress!!  Her confidence is gaining everyday. 

After one month without working for us both, we are getting a little taste of retirement.  We have not gotten to resent the presence of the other, so we should be able to prosper during retirement, we like each other!!  During my free time during the day,  I have gotten a lot of yard work finished up for the season  and the exterior of the place is looking pretty good.  Last week we were in Home Depot and they had some trees on sale for 70 to 90% off!!!  I love trees and ended up with a 5 tree apple orchard and some really nice redbud and pink dogwoods,  this place will explode with color in the Spring, I can't wait.  With the cold weather moving in, I will move on to getting Christmas decorations hung and a little mining project under the house.   The crawl space is impossible and I go under the house like the boys from Hogan's Heroes and haul out dirt.  Great exercise for the core and I am managing to get the wiring hung up properly and a lot of just plain debris removed. 

While at the gym with Linda I wore my heart rate monitor and thought I would do a little running to check on my fitness.  I think my "off season" is officially over.   I ran 120 meters at my warm up speed and had a heart rate to 97%......  Two months ago I would have to work a lot longer to get the heart rate at that level.   I need to get back into some training and with Linda being more independent, I will start some running to get the conditioning coming back.   The weight is at 199 on the "official" scale, so I am doing well there, but the heart and lungs need to get some work.   8 more months til I need to make some times to qualify for the next Nationals, time to get going with the next cycle of training. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joseph Ford III is a Wonderful Man

Enough!

First Time Ever?