Skip to main content

How Rude!! You Interrupted Spring

I was unloading my truck tonight after working in Northern Alabama a couple of day and I was hit, yes hit, in the eye with a snow flake!!  Ok, no big deal North of the Ohio River, but how rude to deliver such a blow to us poor folks this far South.  I am ready for the warm weather to stay, now!!   The flowers are coming on and if it rains in the next couple of days, it will be mower time as well.   I immediately went inside and stayed there so I would not be accosted by the flying flakes.   I think I pouted a little.

A couple weeks ago I picked up my 2014 Silverado truck that is my work vehicle that is sponsored by Buckman- a great perk when they pay for all the bills associated with the vehicle.   I had a 2004 Volvo S 80 that I gifted this week to an organization that auctions autos and uses the proceeds to promote sight and blindness issues. Somebody is going to get a great car.  The gifting is a  really easy to get rid of them quick.   Sign the title and bye bye.   So, Linda and I neither one own a car now !!   She wants a Thunderbird, so do I, but we need a garage first and that is a year or two down the road.  So we drive the fleet stuff, we do get to pick the colors!!

  I do not know any other families that are in this sort of an arrangement, it is a great way not to spend money on transportation.   Also,  part of the fleet vehicle deal is using commercial license plates.   I guess I will have to retire the TISSUE for a few years until we get something else that needs a plate.
 

 
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Setbacks

Setbacks are part of life and we generally have no choice but to accept them in style.  I was in Wisconsin this week presenting some material to a large group of tissue makers.  Normally, you are subjected to hotel food and eating in groups.    I try as much as I can to be strict on my diet due to my garlic allergy and restrictions from gout when traveling.  I must have either goofed up or had something slip by, but I got a major case of food poisoning Monday night.  As I get older, the food poisoning symptoms and reaction becomes more severe and lingers much longer.   I got sick--the messy part- Monday night late and was finished with that deal by Tuesday morning.  But all day Tuesday and into Wednesday my body was trashed.  Tuesday was stay in bed basically all day.  I did leave the hotel twice for visits to the local store for some food and liquids.  Getting out of bed and to the car was a major task and quite le...

Race Day Again

Finally, we get to race again! As many of you know, I was injured last April 4, 2024. I had a disk at L4 vertebra collapse and pinch a nerve in my back that caused over half of my lower leg strenth to disappear. I had a lot of atrophy in my right leg quad and I have been recovering ever since. I am close to 100% on strength and the right leg looks like it is very close to normal size again, but it has been a battle. I have been working in the gym, doing pilates again and also running. All of these things must be done in balance so you can get the proper rest and recover. I still do full body massages every two weeks and I also have been working with a Cox Technique Chiro since the injury on a weekly or biweekly basis. The chiro has gotten me stretched back out and the pressure off the nerve, that treatment has been the real source of healing in my opinion. MY normal doctor was not any help, but this is not what normal doctors do--naturally healing. The first meet of 202...

First Time Ever?

Things are just a little crazy with the chaos associated with the coronavirus and the global reaction.   Talking with my wife and brother, as well as the rest of the world that will still chat with you, nobody can remember anything quite like this situation.   The crash into the Twin Towers on 9-11 had some elements of the situation, but the total shutdown of sporting events, meetings, global travel and the run on water, sanitizer and toilet paper is just totally new to us.  The Master Indoors meet was cancelled this week, I was not planning on going this year.   I am in the middle of relocation from Nashville to Harper Ferry , West Virginia.  On March 31 we will close on the Brentwood house and close on the new place on April 2.   Getting this into place has been a real battle, but it is going to happen.    We are on our third contract for the Brentwood house and after trying to sell it for 9 or 10 months it will close this ...