Life treated me good last week

Somedays life works out and you get to smile all the way through.   I finally had one of those days last week .   I was traveling in the Jacksonville, FL area and had a little bit of time in the late afternoon to get to the beach for a run.  So, I checked into the hotel and got my gear and headed to Jax Beach.   I crossed A1A and pulled right into my parking spot, which was one block from the beach.  Free parking at the beach---that is pure luck !!  Whatever it was, I parked and headed down to the beach.   Low 70's with the usual sea breeze from the South and nice sand and the sun slowly falling behind the condos.   I love it.   I took along a tape measure to measure my stride at various speeds and to make sure my left and right legs were generating the same stride length.  I know it is fussy, but I train alone quite a bit and do not have anyone that can tell me when my stride is goofed up.   

I got warmed up and measured strides at warm up speed, 400 meter speed and max.   The warm up strides are 65 inches, 400 m pace length is 73 inches and max speed is 78 inches or 1.98 meters.    These were measured in the hard sand while wearing my Newton neutral trainers.   So on a hard track with spikes I would expect a little less slippage and would have a  stride length of 2.0 meters at speed. The beach is the only place I have found you can check stride length and eveness.  The left and right are basically the same length, which is one less thing to worry about. 

I ran 4 cycles of 400 meters on the hard sand.   I am not sure of the times, but the heartrate was up to the 160, so I was pushing hard enough.  Good work out--let's eat.    My right foot did hurt some the next day from the soft sand--so I took the day off and it is better two days later.   Now back to work slacker!

I found a local fish house that I did review on Yelp--Beachside Seafood Restaurant and Market.    They had snapper caught that day that I had blackened.  Yummy stuff.   I will definitley go back to that spot next time I get a chance.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joseph Ford III is a Wonderful Man

Enough!

First Time Ever?