March in Massachusetts

The last time I was this cold was in January 2014 when it was too cold to deer hunt in Ohio, and too cold to hunt is dangerous cold.  Today in MA it was 27 and windy.  Beautiful sun shine, but cold enough to kill you if you were not looking--just like in Minnesota.   Wow!  I do not miss any of this crap.   Snow is still stacked up everywhere and melts some during the day and then freezes again in the evening and makes for some really slick new ice daily.  It is March and still way to cold to go outside and enjoy.    Linda sent me a picture of our first daffodil bloom, that is March weather in my opinion,  enough said.

I am in Massachusetts for a visit to my new home office-- I now work for Kadant, based in Auburn, MA. I just got my new computer--on which this blog is being written and will get an iPad  as well.  I am loading my data and short cuts on the new machine slowly but surely.  I will take a few days to get everything adjusted to my liking, and I am fussy about how the computer display looks and works.     The other details like cars, what trips I need to plan, presentations, how to do expenses, get paid, etc. are the minor details that are also on the docket.   Details, details details.....   

My first impressions at Kadant are very positive.  We have a dominant position for supplying doctoring equipment in the tissue and paper industry, which  is right up my alley.  Hopefully,  this new relationship will be good for both of us. As I explore the new products, I can see some very good opportunities in the tissue making business and I will hit the ground running, so to speak.  And since my conditioning is pretty good now, it could be a blur to the competitors.

I ran outside in Tennessee last weekend and really enjoyed the fresh air.  I did a little speed work and felt pretty strong, but mostly did slower longer stuff to continue with the fitness improvement.   75 and sunny was great running weather.  Yesterday I ran on a treadmill in MA, the outside temperature was in the 20's and way to cold to try anything outside.   A great way to burn the lungs and get pneumonia.   It is amazing the difference a plane ride can make.

It appears my schedule will fill up quickly for travel in my new role and getting outside runs will be at a premium until the Nasty Winter of 2014 goes away for good.   Good riddance from where I am currently shivering away.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joseph Ford III is a Wonderful Man

Enough!

District Qualifier