BLOG 200 with some advice sprinkled in

Bicentennial Blog as defined by Linda.   My first blog was 8-6-2012.  I think I have covered a lot of subjects in that time period and will continue to cover the ones that have biggest effect on me.  Well, today that is easy as pie.   I am in LAX or Los Angeles International Airport.  Holy cow is this place nuts!  

I flew in Monday on Delta and needed to switched to WestJet for my leg into Vancouver, Canada.  Well, you get to go outside and wander thru a parking garage and then worm your way to the terminal across the way for WestJet.  Security into the International terminal was unlike any I have seen anywhere.  No habla Ingles was the rule.  Basically no one spoke English or knew what was going on.  Just herds of people flowing up steps and into the queue.  PreChek--you don't get no stinking PreChek! Absolutely crazy,  and I know how to navigate this crap.  Chaos at its finest.     LAX is a very big airport.  I found out when we got on a bus to go to our plane which was parked out on the tarmac near the ocean.   Almost cake by the ocean, but foiled again.   We rode the bus about 3 or 4  miles before we reached our plane.  By,  then things had gotten a lot better.  About half the flight was returning from a weekend at Disney and that group was ready for a nap.  Monday was Family Day in Canada and that is a holiday for most.  I survived the experience,  but was I was left a little dazed.

Today I flew back into LAX again--moron.  I needed to get on a Southwest flight in terminal 1 ( I arrived in T2) and would have to run the gauntlet again in security--same chaos with more people involved this session.  I thought I was in a Ground Hog Day time warp.  How does this place operate??  I had lunch at California Kitchens and asked about the security mess and the answer was--"Oh it was pretty good today"!  I may never return.  The pizza was good at CK, but not worth that much crazy to eat pizza.

If I need to go to Vancouver I will work another angle.  I had some conversations with the flight attendants on WestJet and they will be running a direct flight from BNA to Calgary starting in May and I can connect to Vancouver from there.  I like the sound of that.  It eliminates this chaos and keeps me on the 737 planes which I really like.   On the trip today, it was about as rough as I have ever been through.  We got pounded for about 10 solid minutes and later again for 5 more minutes.  It was pull them belts tight, shut your eyes and hang on to your lunch.   I cannot imagine trying to ride a RJR thru that stuff.  

LAX-- be warned, it is absolutely nuts.

I am about as ready as I can be for the meet this week end.  I did stretch and warm up Tuesday and I will do that again tonight when I get to Albuquerque.   Nothing is hurting and I hope to keep it that way.  A lot of rest this week.  No beer this week, I drank a lot of water in the bars in Canada. That is a little strange, but I do not want any gout related excuses to show their ugly faces. 

I will write up the races this weekend.  I hope they are fun and I am competitive--we will find out soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joseph Ford III is a Wonderful Man

Enough!

First Time Ever?