Grandpa Allen

I have been on my new meds for a couple of weeks and finally had a chance to test my speed at the local track this week. I have gained a couple of pounds--but I have had a very robust appetite. Med related???    I have been running only once a week and that makes for a lot of energy from the legs. I ran some 50 meters from the blocks and felt pretty good.  I did  a couple of stop watch runs without blocks and the numbers were pretty good and I think I should be able to get into the USATF bronze or silver award range in the 60 meters.  One of my fellow Sr. Olympians gave me a heads up about a USATF masters event on May 6.  I  will sign up.  I have not gotten an official time in the 60 meters and will definitely run that and the shorter sprints.   I think three races in on day are enough.  I do need recovery time and getting hurt now would be just stupid. 

I think the 'rest' period that I have been enjoying is over and I will slowly start my prep for the big events this summer.   I have two warm up meets in May and that should balance out nicely.  Not too many meets and still some challenges along the way to overcome.  I will up the running to twice a week and add in a couple trips to the gym to work on the core and running muscles.  I do some pretty weird exercises that I believe helps with straight line speed.   I have also started some walking with a heavy back pack at the local hilly park to get ready for the Grand Canyon hike this November.  I have a busy year in regards to adventures and racing. 

I am officially now Grandpa Allen.   Betty and her wife had a baby girl a week ago.   June Rosemary is doing very well and everyone is home and doing very well.  Linda and I are quite proud and we will make the trip to Milwaukee on Mothers Day weekend for hug and cry weekend. 
Betty and Linsi set up a web service to share pictures and we have been enjoying checking out the new arrival.  She looks so sweet in mommy arms. The girls have a couple of dogs and the pug is just the best mommy dog ever. He is always concerned about the baby and he should be regarded as Nanny Doggy.

Next up for Linda and I is a week in ST Thomas US Virgin Islands.  Spring break is a little late this year--I actually have tomatoes planted already.   We are going to enjoy a week of leisure at a condo in the city of Christiansted.  The weather report is warm and rainy--sounds like a summer day in Florida.  we will adjust the best we can!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joseph Ford III is a Wonderful Man

Enough!

First Time Ever?