Tulsa week

Back in Tulsa for another week of work.   I am feeling a lot better after my battle with pneumonia.  Currently the score is pneumonia 3 or 4 and Jack 0.  That stuff is tough and I am thankful to be past the worst and getting some normal life back.  

I am staying on the Southeast of Tulsa right across from Oral Roberts University--ORU.   I wanted to get some running in this week to start the trek back so I can do some racing this summer.   I went to my normal track at Memorial High School and they were having a soccer match so that was out.   I wandered over to the ORU campus to look around and they have a gorgeous facility that is open to the public.   I did some warm up the first evening and ran a little to get some feedback.   My body was a bit confused, it has been 4 weeks since I did any running,  but I made a couple 200's and called it a night.   My breathing was struggling but it was working!

I met the assistant track coach Bobby Carter who was an All American long jumper at Nebraska.   We had a great chat and he is also a cousin (I think) to Michelle Carter, she is the World Record Holder is the women's shot put.   I asked him to consider doing the USATF Masters when he turns 30.  Hopefully he will get on the track and do some jumping.   Track and Field is a small world. 

Tonight I did a full workout at the track and ran with the wind.   Running into the wind really dries out my lungs and mouth and I am not ready for that yet.   I did a couple 200's and got my heart rate up to 98% and my recovery was pretty good.   I am getting there, I need a couple more  weeks of frequent running to get the 'feel' back. 


This week is Linda's last week with Ortho Clinical Diagnostics and she will now be doing some part time work and taking the time to get her body healed.  The driving and long days in the labs were just more than her body wanted and her health was taking the brunt.  Now, she will be able to get her Feldenkrais work done and get to the pool on a regular basis.  I am excited for her and  really hope this is a step change for her overall health! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joseph Ford III is a Wonderful Man

Enough!

First Time Ever?