Tennessee USATF meet

The local USATF meet was held two weeks ago at White's Creek High School, which is located just North of Nashville.   I ran the 60, 100, 200 meters races in a steady rain.   I was not windy nor did we  have lightning in the air to mess up the schedule, none the less,  it was a little on the miserable side.    I set up a tent near the starting line and it was a very popular spot to keep your gear dry and get out of the constant rain showers.   The housing situation was probably the highlight of my day.   The weather really kept a lot of athletes away and the running section of the meet took about 2 hours, which was a blessing, because if was not a lot of fun.

I ran a 8.91 60 meters and that was about par with my Indoor time.  The 100 meters was my second race and it timed (electronically) as a 14.55.  That time would be my slowest since I have been doing Senior Games or USATF Masters and a full second slower than last season!   I know it was wet and crappy, but what is going on here??   It was actually a pretty good race, they mixed the ages and a lot of younger racers were in the heats and it made the heats a lot more interesting--somebody was always ahead of you.   The last race was the 200 and again the mixed ages made for some good racing. I ran a 28.66 which is better than the indoors but way slower than last season.   I did run the 400 due to the compressed schedule and my conditioning is not very good right now. 

Looking at my times, you would say I had an off day or is this the new normal?   I felt OK and my training has been limited due to travel and the lingering effects of the pneumonia.  But, the speed just was not there.....I have another unknown to throw in the mix... I was bitten by a tick a week before the race in two places and I was getting a significant reaction on my shoulder and trunk.  I had a tick bite a couple of years ago and had a lousy meet as a result.   I just do not know what is going on this season.  Two meets and little to show for the efforts.   I have another opportunity in June to travel to Birmingham to see if I can get back to normal or just call this season junk and move on.   I have no answers at this point.

I am near Saratoga NY this week and I will be heading to a local High School track to see if I can get faster, I definitely need the work.  




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joseph Ford III is a Wonderful Man

Enough!

First Time Ever?