Still kicking

I am still kicking, just way busy on non racing stuff to keep everyone up on the latest. 

I started remodeling a bathroom that we will eventually use as part of a bed n breakfast we are working on.  Remodeling is basically keeping the toilet, but in a new location, and replacing an old stone floor with tile, updating the lighting and ventilation and a new shower and sink.  Sounds simple, but nothing in this house is square or level and every thing has to be custom fitted and attached.  It is time hog and it would be incredibly expensive to hire done due the time required.  It will get done. I am about half way and if we are finished by Thanksgiving that will be cool. 

This weekend,  I am racing in Fort Collins ,CO in USATF regional meet.  I wanted to get another meet in this season and this one is altitude.  If I struggle with 5000 foot elevation, then Albuquerque is off the table next summer.  THE senior Games will do their outdoor event there next summer.  My first trip for the USATF Indoors there was really tough to recover. I will test my recover and see how I feel.   I am jumping in Fort Collins and running the 60, 100 and 200.  No 400.  The meet arrangement will not allow me to do all the races. 

I have been running only once a week due to lousy weather lately.  It has been so rainy the last couple of weeks, that getting to the track has been impossible and I live next door to a track!

Next week I will be in Wisconsin for meeting and I will get to see the grandbaby a couple of days.   I think I will also be the handy man for my daughter.  She owns a house and a storm blew a tree limb onto their storage shed and put a hole in roof.  Hopefully it will not rain for that repair job as well.  My carpenter muscles are in pretty good shape right now.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joseph Ford III is a Wonderful Man

Enough!

District Qualifier