Senior Olympian Week at Sunrise Center

I had a chance to give a 30 minute presentation to the residents of a local senior center today and to talk about my travels in the USATF Masters and Senior Games.  That was an interesting experience and like any other presentation that I have given to a larger group.  You had some dialed in to you and others that feel asleep--   I had some PowerPoint slides and a couple of videos of my experiences the last 9 years of competition.   The prep was interesting, as I assembled pictures and researched the names and ages of the runners, I would remember other people to include and it was an eclectic mix of people that had come through chemo, stroke, heart attacks, knee operations, major surgeries, obesity.... I also included Orville Rogers as the shining example of a late bloomer.  He is 100 now and still competes in USATF meets and started when he was 80 years old.  At 95 and 100 he has broken a lot of world records for his track accomplishments.  He has also been involved in a book about his life and has numerous articles in magazines.  That was fun to try and pump up the old timers in Brentwood. 

I am progressing with the bathroom redo so we can give a bed and breakfast a shot.   I am down to the shower enclosure.  The sink and toilet are completed.   This has been a slog!  


 We are going to build in a 32  x 60 inch shower and include a built in shelf and have a seat for shaving activities.   The intentions is to have a glass sliding door system to keep the water in the enclosure.  It will not be too long now.  With every project at this house there is the moment when you notice something has been poorly installed or engineered.   I notice after working on removing a door way and widening the passage that you can mate different styles of crown molding if you install one upside down!   I solved this one quickly be removing both pieces and throwing them out. What sort of carpenter let this happen??

 
 
 
If we are basically done by Thanksgiving, I will be a happy camper on this project.  Hopefully we can continue the progress and get the tile up and then do the detail work and painting.   
 
On Thanksgiving, I am signed up to run the 5K Turkey trot in Franklin.   I have not done any real work on the track for weeks and today is really nice, SO I am going to get some laps in shortly.  I have been doing Pilates weekly and that helps the strength and flexibility, but my wind is going to be weak until I get running again.   I don't know about you, but the time change is going to make any afternoon work outs impossible.  I am not a fan, it is dark here by 4:30 PM now.  yuck
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joseph Ford III is a Wonderful Man

Enough!

First Time Ever?