Race Day

Is early in the morning and it is race day.   Guess what, the weather is not real friendly today, or in other words, it sucks for sprinters.     The weather has taken its first really big change for the season last night.     I expect  sprinkles, 50 degrees with little sun.  I think some snow even went thru the track last night.   Yesterday would have been perfect, warm and dry.  It is amazing how 24 hours makes that kind of different.  

I tried a different prerace routine this time, I had a light work out yesterday and did a really complete stretching regiment. I worked the legs, core and arms. I have noticed in my speed work, that if I am sore from weights that I get some really good times in the 50 meter.  So, I tried to get a little weight work in and we will see what happens.  

I had spaghetti last night for dinner and no beer yesterday--that part is the toughest.  This morning it was a small sausage, one over easy egg and two pieces of toast with applebutter.   The rest of the day will be high carb fruits and some yogurt.  High calorie foods that do not take up much space.    During running your stomach is really compressed from the squeezing of your mid section.

I have packed up enough clothes for 5 homeless people.  I will try to stay dry and warm. This should be interesting.    I was really looking forward to some fast times--we will have to see.  I do have some running outfits that will allow me to run fully covered-- we will see if I can adapt to the lousy weather.  

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Joseph Ford III is a Wonderful Man

Enough!

First Time Ever?