Resting is Overrated

I have been resting or loafing since last weekend's meet in KY.  Well, this is really overrated.   I have not worked out in any form, but I have gained about 5 pounds!!  It seemed to show up in two days.   I have a lot of other activities this weekend and next and may get to do a little running this week, who knows.   I will go to Brainerd, Minn and I would like to do a little slow speed running and work on my fitness some.  

Next weekend, Linda and I will travel to Ohio and help make a batch of homemade applebutter,  My great grandfather Gustav Saunier was making this stuff before I was born and the family still uses the original copper kettle and recipe.   It is fun day  with the family--who I rarely get to see--and the applebutter is really good.  It is a winter time staple, it gets some quick energy in the diet-- apples, cider, sugar and cinnamon.   Yumm!  I can remember it being made when I was really little--  

I have a really busy November coming up and today I am getting most of my deer hunting stuff ready.  When we go to Ohio next weekend, I will take most of my gear and leave at my hunting buddy's house.   I will work in Ky right up to the opening and go directly to hunting from work.   I will get one day to bring the meat back to Nashville, visit with Linda and then return to Ky for another two solids weeks-including weekends.       A customer of Buckman is starting up a new tissue machine and I will be supporting that activity.    Tissue machines take a lot of support to make them run and I am part of a large contingent of Buckman technical support.

In the past, I would make a big deal out of getting in shape for deer week.  I would do a lot of walking, but this year I will be ready by default.   I may do a little treadmill work, but the hills are going to be much easier after the hard work I put in this track season.   I have some better fitting shoes and I hope my feet hold up better.  KT tape also helps with the Plantar Fasciitis on the right side.

I am still undecided about what events I will do at Nationals.  By the way, I watched the 30 and 30 series on ESPN about the 100 meters run at the 1988 Seoul Olympics.  Ben Johnson won it in 9.79 seconds, but was caught doping and was stripped of the title.  It was a great show and really opens your eyes about that era and the doping that went on at the highest level of the sport.   I think everybody was on something!! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joseph Ford III is a Wonderful Man

Enough!

First Time Ever?