The East Coast and Weather

Hurricane Sandy is bearing down on the East coast.  I was supposed to fly into Newark, NJ  tomorrow, but Delta cancelled my flight.  I was planning on not going anyways, but now I have a real excuse.  I suspect they will get drowned with rain, lose power for extented period and have a major mess on their hands.  I will reschedule to go in two weeks.   I will  work out my schedule on Monday with several changes the next couple of weeks.  I am basically traveling every week except for Thanksgiving and Christmas.  For professional travelers, those weeks  are way too busy with rookies and it is impossible to get the flights you need to get anywhere.

I did do a couple of work outs over the weekend in the weight room.  I did heavy legs one day followed by an upper body the next.   I am a little sore which is expected in the legs.  I think next week, I will have some time to do some running and keep working on my fitness.   I have been limiting the running to allow my feet some time to heal, they take a beating during the season. 

 My weight is staying around 199 pounds which is a good thing.  My wife and I are working on clean eating--which means cutting out sugar, corn syrup and the really bad one--high fructose corn syrup.  It is amazing what the HFCS crap is in!!! Ketchup, Powerade sports drink, and soda that is sweetened, some breads, many processed foods all contain HFCS.  We are working towards honey and other natural sweeteners to help our sweet tooth.   The other biggie is flour.  We are working on using whole grain wheat flour with the germ still in and unbleached.  That is another tough one, I love bread and use it to get my fiber--so we have to choose carefully.  We have found some good breads to use, but you really have to read the labels.   

Comments

  1. HFCS in vanilla extract surprised me! I'm glad you're not going east this week!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Joseph Ford III is a Wonderful Man

Enough!

First Time Ever?