All over the Map

Literally, all over the map.    Linda and I drove to Green Bay, WI about 10 days ago for my oldest daughter's wedding.   We stayed in Merrillville, IN on the way up to split up the trip.  Linda's new knee gets stiff if we do not stop regularly and move about.  The next day we stopped at Betty's place-- the bride elect-- and dropped off some dining room furniture and discussed any last minute details for the big event on Saturday.    Then it was on to Green Bay.    

While in Green Bay we stayed at one of Linda's cousins house while she was out of town.   The house is gorgeous with a lot of bedrooms and space to sleep 10 people if needed.   I liked the Viking appliances and we got to try some of them out.  The dishwasher is SILENT ! and the cook top with griddle is to die for, really nice stuff in this house.  It was a real gift to use, because it was a Packers home game weekend, and hotel rooms are pricey for home games.  It was like staying at home in many respects. 

The big event went off without a hitch.  The weather was great- clear and sunny and a little cool, but as good as can be expected.  The wedding was outside and the reception was held in a nice little hall that easily held 200 people.   Everyone in Linda's immediate family turned out and we got to spend quality time with all the Lundins. Our daughter made it from Texas and she brought her room mate who was going to do the hair fashions.   I think everyone had a great time, I did.    We got in some dancing and had some cake--big deal at weddings for me.  Linda created a very popular cheese spread to start the evening off and the damage was severe as the cheese heads pretty much inhaled the 15 pounds of cheese selections.   With some advanced planning, the brides asked for separate plates to be saved for them during the picture taking, good thing,  the pictures took over an hour to crank through and only crumbs would have remained.   
The day after the wedding, we got in some visiting and started back South.   We stopped in Schaumburg, IL at IKEA and picked up the last batch of stuff for the pantry--except for 4 pieces.   We picked them up in Cincinnati the next day.   IKEA has been our source for pantry's cupboards and lighting.   In between these two stops, we stayed at the same hotel in Merrillville. 
Fast forward to this weekend.  The wall board is all in place(mud is needed) in the pantry job and the cup boards are in place but are not permanent yet.  Progress is steady and I think we will have a final project by Christmas. 


As far as being an Olympian, I feel like I am currently retired.  I just have been way to busy to run or train.  I did get in some stretching and core work yesterday as Linda did some leg work at the gym.   When the pantry gets done, I will get back to training.
  I had a follow up doctor visit about the gout.  My uric acid level was improved, but I need to continue some medications to prevent relapses--relapses do suck.   The doctor and I are going to try and get any of the crystals completely out of my systems so I do not have any tissue damage that can be avoided.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joseph Ford III is a Wonderful Man

Enough!

First Time Ever?