Last Day for Football

Super Bowl XLIX is today and the NFL comes to a close with a lot of thuds today.  I think this will be a 'body bag' game, because these guys can tackle and hit pretty good.   Once this event is over, I always start hoping for Spring to start, something with success, sometimes not.  Come on Phil, make it Spring.


In central Tennessee we have some crocus up and shining their lovely violets and yellow colors.  Some of daffodils are pushing their luck and could bloom in a week or so if it stays warm.  I planted some yellow onions yesterday to see if they make it.  I have been gardening all winter and will continue to push that envelop.   I also cut out some ugly trees yesterday that have been damaged in storms and were never going to recover.  The 20 inch bar solved their dilemma real quick.  I am ready for Spring.  Come on Phil,  I am routing for you. 


Last weekend, I think I was at my darkest in terms of light induced depression.   I was struggling and Linda was commenting that she could see it coming and I needed to work through it pretty quickly.  I had a very tough work week and was not getting the results that I expected and that with the lack of clear weather was starting to take it toll.  If I were going to take a trip to break up the winter, last week would have been the week. 
I have been working on the treadmill to increase my fitness and even those work outs were not very encouraging.  But, this week, with the days  actually getting longer, I have able to get outside and get some light on my body and things are picking up.  It is amazing how the mood can be effected by the environment. 
It about a week ago, that the weather cleared up nicely and I ran on the Raptor track next door.  I had a very good workout and tested my fitness and speed.  My speed is good and as usual the fitness need to get better.   So, I continue to work on the fitness.    I was trying to race indoors in February, but a work schedule change has really effected my opportunity to race.  I have two trips to Mexico booked and training is not really an option.  We stay at 8000 feet elevation and the pollution is pretty bad. It takes me a couple for days to get over the altitude sickness- I have headache the first two days and do not feel like doing anything to make me breath harder. As you get older, the arteries do harden and the blood flow is effected enough that the altitude change is significant over 5000 feet.   Hopefully, I can find a way to make it happen.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joseph Ford III is a Wonderful Man

Enough!

District Qualifier