20

Everybody likes milestone numbers and 20 is my dirt milestone.   I just finished up Phase 1 of the      kitchen and the dishwasher is now working in the pantry!!  It is crowded, but this is the best design that allows us to do phase 2 in the format we want.  The dishwasher is super quiet and really gets stuff clean and sparky.   The 20 comes into the equation when you go below the floor of the house.  I have removed, by my calculations, 20 yards of dirt from the crawl space so I could get access for wiring, drains, and supply water.  Phase 2 will take more removal, but I am seriously thinking of buying a conveyor to move the dirt.  We will see what happens. 

I have been pretty healthy for the last two years, but I had a slight set back this week.  I was at the corporate office working and the ventilation is the building is uneven.  To say the least, I struggle keeping hydrated and it makes for a long day. One evening the weather was great and I thought I would go the local high school track for some speed and tempo work. 
  I was running at the Auburn Rockets track and had run two 200 meters cycles in 32.9 seconds each.  I was trying to up the speed just a but in the third one and I got a cramp in my lower right calf.  I felt the twinge at the 180 mark, and just cruised in to the finish.  I knew this would be trouble, so I gathered up my stuff and headed to the car.

 The infield was filled with high school girls practicing field hockey, which appears to be very popular in Massachusetts.  There were three fields training at the same time at the school.  The track was all weather in good shape and the field was the new sports turf, which makes for a great looking field.
I headed back to my hotel room, grabbed some food on the way,so I could ice and elevate the leg.  I iced hard for several hours and slept with compression on the leg.  I was not wearing calf compression when I got the cramp.  In the past couple of months I have worn compression socks for every work out, I am not sure if that was a cause or not.  

I limped for about a day and can walk fine, still having some discomfort from the area of the cramp.  Selling is minimal, but it is detectable.  I have been hot and cold treatments and will rest a couple more days and try it out next week.  My massage therapist gets to work on it tomorrow, and I hope he can get things back on the track.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joseph Ford III is a Wonderful Man

Enough!

First Time Ever?