Chatanooga Race

I have been really busy and have not followed up with the Chattanooga race results which was held over two weeks ago. 

The conditions were very good for sprinters with a very light wind  and a very fast blue surface down by the river at the Girls School.   I ran in two races, the 100 and 200 meters.   I ran within 0.1 of my personal best in each race and the speed increase due to weight loss is real. 

In the 100 m, there was no one ahead so I ran my own race and finished with a 13.39 hand timed.  In the 200 meters, there were three runners.   William Yelverton was in lane 4 and I was in lane 2.  He decided to run the race at the last minute and I was glad to have someone to pace me--so to speak-- or someone that I would try to catch. Bill race 24.89 and I ran a 27.39 and felt great.   That was the second fastest time in the 200 since started the Senior thing at 53 years old.   This time was faster than my Nationals qualifier which I thought was pretty good.  I think breaking 27 flat is a real goal I need to work towards.


Bill is getting his usual great start and he made the stagger up in short order   I need to work on faster starts and relaxing my shoulders.  The shoulders are too high and I am pinching my body and not letting it relax.  I have been working on the relaxing in the turns and that will continue this off season.

Bill is now in Perth, Australia representing the USA in the Masters World championships.  Good luck Bill, that is one fast dude and an incredibly pleasant person.
This is a gorgeous venue in Perth.
 
Currently I am recovering from a cold or flu, I think some flu I managed to round up it while in Mexico last week.  I was  in Acapulco for a presentation to about 150 South American and Mexican tissue makers. I flew in on a Tuesday--with connections in Atlanta and Mexico City-- and out on Thursday.  Acapulco is not easy to get to in the off season.  Plus it was incredibly humid day or night.  The humidity may have been the problem--I have not been in any real humidity for several months and I got nailed.  I missed a day of work yesterday--I could barely get out of bed while in Tulsa, OK this week.   Sick on the road is a real test, getting fed is really tough, cause you have to go get it.   
 
Linda's knee is doing very well.  No issues.  Her back and hip are a mess and hopefully we can find something to get her  more comfortable--soon.   Prayers would help, because the doctors are really being tentative on offering up any real solutions.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joseph Ford III is a Wonderful Man

Enough!

District Qualifier