Post Meet Comments

Birmingham was a good meet in terms of my racing.  I earned an individual in the 200 meters and also set a PR of 28.26 and again got a silver medal in the 4 x 100 relay.  Two medals is a satisfying result for me.   The down side was skipping the 400 meters due to the ouchy knee and missing by 6 inches the 100 meters final.  The knee is much improved because it resting this week and hopefully I can avoid the issue I had one week ago where the knee seemed to jump out of joint.

Senior Olympians do have to invest quite a bit in our sport and that includes a large tape budget.  I had a mad right knee and used KT Tape to keep it in position and it very effective.  I also have some bad feet and they need some protection and are taped up as well. The final piece of protection was on my second toe on my right foot and it was in the process of losing the nail and it was completely taped up as well.  With all this tape needed it requires a lot of razor work to make sure it sticks and works as intended. Without the kinetic tapes, I would be dead in the water and out of racing business. 






I finally got a chance to wear both medals and I liked the feeling.  Linda is talking about a display case and I think see has agreat idea.  Currently the medals are all in a plastic bag in a drawer with a bunch of other training related gear. 
So what is next?

I talked with Coach Cleary from the SoCal track club and we discussed the USATF Outdoor Nationals coming up in Baton Rouge in July.  I will run in the 100, 200,400 meters as well as do whatever relays we need to win the team title.  With that said, I need to get my conditioning going because I will run at the most--3 400 meters, 2 200 meters and 3 100 meters races in four days.    That is a lot of track work and I need to get mentally and physically ready.  My role is to score points to get the team over the hump and individual glory will be limited.  I love the team aspect and that is why I am helping  SoCal work towards getting the team title.

The meet in Birmingham did not cause any new injuries and the legs came through in good shape with minor soreness.  I think my stretching and warm up activity are doing the job.  My speed was the best ever in a meet, even with an iffy knee.  How does that work? I will continue to work on my speed and starts and see if I can reach 27 flat in the 200. But, I may be at my terminal velocity now.  Time will tell.  Back to  the track this weekend and I will continue to explore new weight trainings routines for my core and legs.  I have found that if I have time, I can run and then lift together and really help my leg strength. I started this adventure in
May 2009, and who knows what is next along the way. But it will be an adventure for all to share. 

Comments

  1. I admit, I have not been on this web page in a long time... however it was another joy to see It is such an important topic and ignored by so many, even professionals. I thank you to help making people more aware of possible issues. Online Quran Academy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Joseph Ford III is a Wonderful Man

Enough!

District Qualifier