It Is Humid When.....

It is humid when you are running and water is flying off your finger tips and when you are resting it runs off your nose and drips off your belly as well.   I ran tonight and was working on some arm swings and finish line approaches and water was flying everywhere.  The humidity was really high tonight and it is amazing how much water your body can produce.   I was running without a shirt and just had water dripping off everything.   Next week in Baton Rouge I expect the same amount of water flying.

I ran a 400 meters yesterday with the all the gear to see how I am progressing.  I timed it as a 64.4 which should put me in the finals at the Nationals next week.   That time is pretty solid and I was not tying up on the final stretch, although the wind was to my back at the finish.   All my injuries seem to be under control now and I am desperately trying not to round up anything new.   My training seems to be spot on for the climax of my season--which is next week.  I am thinking I should be get into the 62's for the 400,  which would be a great time for me.  I will continue to do a lot of running thru this weekend and then rest next week.    

Linda bought me this very nice display case for my NSGA National medals and we enjoy seeing the medals.   They represent a lot of work and we are very proud of them.  I need a USATF medal to add to the display and hopefully next week I get a another piece for the case.



Betty and I are going to do the DNA testing that helps trace your ancestry and results should be back in about 8 weeks.  In the meantime, I went ahead and filled out an Ancestry.com family tree.  The process is pretty easy and you basically find a relative, respond to clues about their life and accept the clues and you work your way back through time.   All my ancestors comes from Europe.  I have some French, British, Irish, Scottish and Swiss lineage in my history.   I was looking for when my people came to this country and in many cases it took 10 to 12 generations!     Some of the earliest Americans were my kin.   One line comes from New York City and this string was born in this country around 1640..  They were definitely early settlers.    Most all of my ancestors were farmers with no Doctors or Professional in the 500  entries I added.    I think I was the first or maybe second to get a divorce.  Some ancestors were married 2 or 3 times, but I think they had a death of a spouse and got remarried and continued on with their lives. 

One of the most interesting lines was of course the Allen string.   It stops around 1860 with the disappearance of Elijah Allen--nothing to trace him.  His wife's history continues to Ireland and I have my Irish influences from here.  She was born in Pennsylvania but died in Ohio.   A lot of internal family disputes were found here with will changing due to politics and the usual fallings out that I have been party to my entire live.  My families got it honest.   The majority of my family was born and died in Coshocton County of adjacent counties since the Civil War.  They were famers with little means to travel,  dirt roads, poor access to trains or river travel and were basically landlocked and never really left their home areas.    I have lived in four states and married twice, including a woman from Michigan, and just broke that mold into a lot of pieces   My Mom, Dad(deceased), Brother and Sister (now dead)  all were born and lived the majority of their lives in Coshocton County--they fit the mold and of course still do not get along very well......

Linda and I have been making some more diet changes and trying to get more sugar, white flour and meat out of our diets.  The new perfect food is kale.  We have a vigorous patch in our garden and we are incorporating it in our diet in many ways. The picture is of a  dish with our new diets perfect foods--kale, beans, carrots, onions.  I added some sea salt and pepper and dinner was ready. I have been using kale and Swiss chard on sandwiches and in salads, and it appears we are making progress on getting a healthier diet in place.  My body weight is  moving in the right direction and I should be able to race at 192 pounds next week.  I know one thing--this bean soup in the picture is very tasty and it will not last long.

Another additional to our healthy life style is an RO or reverse osmosis water treatment system to clean our water of any nasty mineral or organic materials.  Our water is from the Harpeth River and varies widely season to season and sometimes is downright nasty when the algae blooms at low water conditions. The city uses chlorine and fluoride for treatment and both of these materials are removed.    The RO system water will be used for drinking, cooking and coffee.   The RO system has been up for a week and I think it will be a big help.  The coffee should taste the same everyday from now on!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joseph Ford III is a Wonderful Man

Enough!

First Time Ever?