Post Season Rest

It has been two weeks since we finished up in Baton Rouge and I had a calf muscle that was quite tender.   After two weeks of no running and no exercise that flexes the left calf muscle, things are much improved.  I made it to the gym today and worked on my core and upper body and just gingerly stretched my calf to see how it is healing.  I think I tore my soleus muscle and it is healing nicely and it is probably 95%, BUT I am waiting another two weeks before trying it out.  It is difficult to have the discipline to lay off.  Two more weeks of rest for the injury-- and that is final.  

I have a funeral to attend this week near Baltimore, Md.  My Dad's brother married a women from that area and she died at the age of 78 last weekend.  I will fly over and attend.

It has been nice to get some rest from working out, but it can get a little boring at times.   To cut the boredom, Linda and I have started to repaint the front fence.  I have cleaned it with bleach and high pressure water, and now it is getting scraped before a coat of white oil based paint.  Tractor Supply makes a great fence paint and we are getting it coated and it is looking very nice.

We are also busy eating garden veggies.  It is fun to go out in the garden and select your meal.  We are eating a lot of okra, tomatoes, bean, kale, squash and carrots.  Hopefully the weather cooperates and we can have fresh veggies into the fall.  All these veggies make weight maintenance much simplier.

Speaking of Fall, High School football starts in two weeks from Friday!!  There is nothing like football to entertain and kick off all the Fall activities.  Life again has purpose.....




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joseph Ford III is a Wonderful Man

Enough!

First Time Ever?