Time Off

I am still around.   But, I have been getting some serious rest in since the Nationals and I am at my peak of rest now.    Some how that sounds like a  Garrison Keillor line.  The Greater Nashville qualifier is coming up in two weeks and that means 4 races and high jumping in one day.   The times are now that important, but I need to have enough endurance to make it through each event and get qualified.      Last week I started to do a little running--indoors due to a lot of rainy crap from Irma-- and working on getting the muscles tightened back up for a day at the track.   My calf is doing fine and I needed to get going again because my weight is slowly creeping up.   Football on TV will not help, since the entire time you watch a game you need to be eating something-- healthy or not, feed that face.  

I have two weeks to work on my sprinting and then I will switch to power and strength with Grand Canyon Rim to Rim trip slated for early November.  That trip should be a lot of fun.  There will be 6 of us on a great hike with 3 veterans and 3 newbies.  The newbies make it a lot more fun, because they really get to soak it up for the first time.  Two of my kids will be the newbies and I am really jazzed for them!   It is a hell of a view from the bottom!!  I think I will also do the 5K Thanksgiving morning at the mall.   Last year it was a 4.45 K because of a screwed up lead out group.   I am still looking for the "official" under 30 minutes 5K and this hopefully is the year.  After that, I will do some less intensive training and star my peaking for March 2018 indoors in Maryland. 

This weekend is a huge event!  Linda and I are getting on a plane to go and visit June Rosemary.  She is sitting up and starting to move around a little and we are just super proud grand parents going for a visit.  Grandkids and granddogs--it should be a great Fall weekend for all in Milwaukee.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joseph Ford III is a Wonderful Man

Enough!

First Time Ever?