District meet results

 We ran the Greater Nashville Senior Games last weekend at Brentwood High School.   I ran in 4 events and also high jumped in competition for the first time since 1975!    I won the 100 and 200 meter events and was beaten in the 50 by David Schmanski who was in the other heat and it was hand timed.  Last year I got beat in the same event by somebody in another heat..  It is hard to race them in another heat.  But it is just a qualifier.   I also ran the 400 in 80 seconds.  It was the fourth event of the morning  and I was getting fatigued at that point and I wanted to jump in an hour or so, so I did mail that one in.  Two gold and 2 silver for the morning was great meet already.
I had been playing with the high jump at Ravenwood and was clearing 53 inches on a regular basis and wanted to give it a try.  The last time I had jumped in competition was in 1975 when Mike Baker, Dirk Cox and I won the Newcomerstown Relays with a new meet record!   42 years later and here we go!  I was  competitive  and cleared 4 feet 8 inches and missed three times at 4' 10" and was out.  I recently got a GoPro and Linda taped some jumps and I will be working on my arm movement and getting higher.   The 4'8"  from what I can tell tied the Tennessee  state record in my age group and won the gold.    Total count of 3 golds and 2 silvers.  Pretty good day and I was whipped after 4 races in one day.













The outdoor racing season is essentially over and the  final results are in from the season and I did some digging on the Masters Ranking lists for my final numbers in terms of how I compared to the other runners in the US.  I will stay away form the global stuff, I did not get a chance to race them. 

The final outdoors results for the  season for me  were # 1 in 60, # 27 in 50,  # 19 in 100, # 13 in 200, # 9 in 400 meters  and 27th in the high jump.   Pretty darn good and almost all were USATF All American Standards which means a lot to me.   I also was thinking about the Top Sprinter for the season--which would be who had a national ranking in the 100, 200 and 400.  I put together an Excel spread sheet and nobody ahead of me in the 100 and 200 runs the 400 meters!   So , by default I should be the Top Sprinter --nobody else gets their butt out there and runs the 400!!  I think I will have to come up with an award for myself and see if anyone wants to take it away!

Last week I was in Miami Beach for a trade show and we did not have much for weather unless you like winds and rain.  The beach and water front are still in rough shape and they have a lot of clean up left.  Hopefully they will be ready for tourists by Spring Break.  We have another trade show there next March at the remodeled Miami Convention Center and I hope everything is repaired.  

Next week I get see June Rosemary again while on my trip for work.  Yea!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joseph Ford III is a Wonderful Man

Enough!

First Time Ever?