Our Journey

Life is a journey.   Some people make many trips, some people never come back to the same place twice and others will stay in one place and make a different in that place.  I have moved around a lot in my life chasing opportunity and I am very satisfied with that life. 
 I went to a funeral over the weekend of someone who stayed put and was a big influence on my life and was a neighbor for over 30 years when I lived in Cooperdale, Ohio.  Judy Cunningham was 75 years old and died last week and was someone who made a difference.  She had 6 kids, a throng of grand and great grand kids, was involved in building one of the best Brown Swiss dairies in the world and was a giver in the community.   She was also a fantastic neighbor and will be missed by a lot of people, including me.  I could ramble on about her cooking and chocolate chip cookies, but some people lead by example she could walk the walk.  Life in Cooperdale was better off with her staying and making a difference. She left me with some great memories and great friends.  Thanks Judy.

Creating some brilliant prose after a funeral is just not possible.  Your mind is tired from running through all the what ifs and shoulda, coulda,  woulda in your life and the lives of the people that you just talked to whose Mom or Grandma had just died.  I go to funerals to pay respect to the living and the dead, but  also to try and help get the healing started.  Healing takes years sometimes and you got to start as quickly as you can handle.   Everyone will move on to complete their journey in life and hopefully they can make a difference wherever they decide.

Later this week I will be putting on the 40 pound pack and leaving the North Rim of the Grand Canyon and heading to the South Rim with 5 other family members.   I hope we have a great trip and create some memories that will endure forever.   Three of us have been on the trip to the bottom of the canyon and three are newbies.   I am really excited for the newbies, they do not know what kind of an adventure they will be participating.   I have been taking 2 hour walks with a heavy pack to get ready and trying to get all the gear assembled.   I am nearly ready physically and my head will be getting there on the final ride to North Rim.   I love these adventures. Details to follow after we get back to real world next Tuesday.  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joseph Ford III is a Wonderful Man

Enough!

First Time Ever?