The Boonies

You know you are in the boonies when you have a hotel with a real key made of metal and your choices for a gym or helath club are a 45 minute drive.  This is the case for me this week in really Upstate New York.   Canada is less than an hour away.   I am working on another Yankee project and actually may return again next week. 

I have started during my fitness runs on the treadmill, working on my heart rate.   I have been doing 800 meters at 8:00 min/mile pace and I can get two in before I reach my max heart rate.   Progress is being made.  After that, I will run a quicker pace until my heart rate races max again, typically that distance is 400 to 600 meters.   It was almost warm enough last weekend to go outside and do some running, but the wind was quite strong and shifting and I would rather spend time concentrating on controlling my heart rate than worrying about my hamstring or other leg muscles.   speaking of the hammie, I have been working diligently on the stretching, but I have a ways to go.  The legs are quite tight and it will take some serious work in warm weahter to get the gams loosen up and ready for speed.

I have also started to restrict my calorie intake to get the weight down.  I want to get below 200 pounds by the last of February.  Once I can get outdoors, I want to be in the 190's and ready to get some serious work done.   I have started to restirct my beer intake and on many days i just eliminate the brews.  They taste great and are refreshing after a work out, but I am going to see if I can help my weight loss by cutting down. 

The registration is now open for the Nationals.  I am going to register for the 50, 200 and 400 meter events.  The 100 I can't win in the state meets, so  why register?  Which ones I actually run  , that will a decision to be made in July when I have some times recorded and can look closely at the actual schedule of events. 

This boonies business makes it hard to get any real work done.  I may have to make some road trips for training.    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joseph Ford III is a Wonderful Man

Enough!

First Time Ever?