Oh for two

I am basically a professional traveler, and being in that category, you tend to get picky and not lower your expectations.   I had string of poor service the other day that must be discussed....     I am working night shift and not in a situation where you can go 'go to lunch' while on duty.    So I ususally eat late and get something to go for dinner, sounds easy , huh??  Well the other night that was impossible.    Thus the 0 for 2.

I went out by myself on Valentine's Day night to a nice Italian restaurant full of couples.    It was about 30 minutes before closing, so I had left plenty of time to not rush the staff.    I ordered a pizza to go right up front and then dinner.   The dinner was an OK steak with way too much seasoning and smashed potatoes that was mostly garbonzo beans,,,,  OK it was run of the mill grub that was trying too hard.    The bill came, nothing on there for pizza..  too late to get it now kitchen was closed.    'Can I get you some dessert?' was the response, the order for the pizza never was entered.  I was pissed and actually said something and left.   OK, it is 10:30, what are your carry out options for real food......................I am waiting?? 

I was walking thru the hotel lobby later and guy about my age in a business suit asked how was I doing?  I answered-- "aggravated" rather firmly.  He looked a little aback, and I explained about screwed up dinner orders.  He nodded his head in total agreement.  He has had to tolerate the pain I was enduring as well. It is good to share this sort of stuff.

I went to Waffle House and ordered a ground steak sandwich  ( no onion) and country potatoes, the ones with gravy  .  I actually repeated myself.  I get the bag open later and no gravy.  0 for 2.    The potatoes are greasy enough by them selves, but the gravy actually makes they better...at least that is what I believe. I needed some gravy to calm me down from the earlier mess up at the previous restaurant.   

I hate these screw ups and my expectations are much higher than wrong orders, didn't you write it down?????  C'mon....     I guess I will have to turn into one of the assholes that treats the waitstaff as 4 graders and badgers and questions every move.  Maybe that is what they needed on Feb 14.  

There is hope, I got on Yelp and quit trusting my nose for fun places to eat and found a greasy spoon with all day breakfast and the local watering hole/pub/ local bar rolled into one--Ramsey's Diner.    Good food , real home made pie, and help that get paids enough to know what they are doing and are motivated.   Whew!  Maybe I can relax.  And if you ask them about pie, they know what they have and have an opinion on what is good!!  They eat the food, finally a real restaurant.  If you get into Lexington, KY try one.  There are a couple around town.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joseph Ford III is a Wonderful Man

Enough!

First Time Ever?