Time for something new

OK, butI still got a lot to say.    Our work life is a big part of being an adult, we may not like that, but that is what it is.   Another sales rep and I did some interesting work a couple of years ago and we applied for a patent for the application technique.  This week, WIPO-- "World Information Protection Organization" published the application.  It appeared as if we had been granted the patent, but we have not.  This is first big step and typically we would have to wait another 2 years to get the officail word, but it still makes you feel good.  So, something at work has gone well lately.
 I am also involved in the start up of a major new manufacturing method for tissue and towel.  The first new machine in the world--completely new, not rebuilt--is going on this week and we finally got the first towel made last night.   The process from when my company got started on this project and where we are now is at least 6 years.  A lot of assets havebeen used in this joint project with Voith--the machine maker.    This type of stuff is exciting, because you do not know how you are going to get something this complex to work properly.  A start up typically requires 200 to 300 dedicated engineers and operators to get the thing running and making product.  Once they get running, you need only 50 to 75 peolpe to keep them going.   The mass of experence involved  from doing this sort of work is incredible, a lot of sweat and brain power gets used in getting the process running.   It can be a grind, but it is like having a baby, you never forget how it feels to make it happen. I am working on the night shift, where you just try to make it run, and that is what we did last night!

I was running on treadmill yesterday at 7:00 minute/mile pace, and the thing just stopped!!!  I was fortunate that I did not have a wreck, but that is not an experience that I really like.   I tried to convince the hotel to throw it away but had little luck. It is junk by my definition.   I havebeen trying to run every other day and my pace is getting quicker.  I was running 800 meters in 4:00 and now I have moved the pace to 800 m in 3:30.  I am still trying to 3 --800 m sets. The heart rate at the end of the 800 m is getting lower !!   I was trying to not get to max of 169, and now I am down around 162.  The weight is also starting to slowly fall, I am consistently around 199 pounds and my waist is getting smaller as well.    I feel a little stronger, so I am excited about getting out door and running.    

Tennessee Sr Olympics has changed their schedules up for the Finals and qualifying.  This year is a transition, but the Finals will be in June now and you will qualify for the next year's final in the Fall of the previous year.   So this Fall we will qualify for 2014 State Finals.   Something about school facility availablity.  We will all adjust.   There will be no meet in May this year for the Districts.  I did like to have meet early in the season to see the state of my training.  I guess I have to look into a meet in another state or district to get feel for my times.  

I am ready for some 65 and sunny with no wind, c'mon .....    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joseph Ford III is a Wonderful Man

Enough!

First Time Ever?