Deja Vu

Last weekend I decided to not run on Saturday and do some weight work on my legs.  Usually this just makes my legs a little sore and stiff for a couple of days and life goes on.   But, this time was different.   I finished my routine and felt fine.  My left foot--the good one-- had a little ouchy spot in the front middle and I did not think much about it,   The next day, I was removing a door to be painted and it was a lot heavier than I anticipated and the trouble started.    The foot really started to swell and get quite painful.  Like turf toe in the middle of your foot instead of the big toe joint.  

I started to ice it that evening and the thoughts race thru your mind about injuries and missing the Nationals again.   Deja vu.    The foot actually felt broken, had the red puffy swelling, the whole deal.  I have had a broken foot in the past and I knew the drill.   Linda asked if I was going to get it looked at, and I told her I would try to get the swelling out Sunday night and go from there.  I used a compression sock and ice all night   The swelling did come down by Monday morning, which meant it was not broken--that was avoided.   But it was quite ouchy.  I had meetings in Atlanta all week, so I could stay off the foot quite a bit and use a lot of ice.  By Wednesday, the swelling was 90% gone!!!  I worked out at the hotel gym, but did not do any running. 

What happened??  I have had foot problems since  track in high school and I think this may be some of the same issues as I had when I was 15 years old.    I missed a season my freshman or sophmore years due to a foot problem.    Deja vu.   

What happens now??   Well, I ran yesterday on a treadmill and  my foot is fine today. I will use the KT tape to keep the arch intact and also use the compression socks to keep the foot compacted,    Evidently, I got one of the toes out of joint so to speak.   I will keep on hacking away.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joseph Ford III is a Wonderful Man

Enough!

First Time Ever?