Hello again

My recent luck with personal electronics has been lousy.  A month or so ago I washed my iphone 5 and it had to be replaced.  That was relatively simple, the cloud remembered my stuff and I was back in business in a coupe of days.    About 2 weeks ago I was working at a makeshift desk in a tissue mill and rolled my chair back, the chair was tangled in my power cord for my work computer and it feel to the floor and landed flat on the bottom.   It was immediately rendered useless.    I do all my blogging and other communicating on this device and I was out of business.   I called the geeks and send the computer in to the geeks that take care of them at Buckman.   I got the follow up call and the hard drive was junk and everything was gone.  Lovely.    I have a replacement now, but it is new and every web site treats you as a new computer and I lost all my favorites--which is a big deal for me.   But I am back in business.  

I have had a busy travel schedule recently and running on any sort of schedule has been impossible.  The last two days, Linda and I flew to Milwaukee to visit our daughter Betty who was graduating from UW Milwaukee.  Yea Betty!!!   She majored in film production and produced a 10 minute film--"Girls with Capes" which we watched with all the other senior film projects.  She used a lot of her friends as the talent and ended up with a very clever film.    We got to see all of our  kids over the weekend and enjoy their company.  It was a lot of fun which we do not get to do enough of.  

I have been working on stamina in my training.  I have been working on different paces to run longer distances.  I ran a 2.25 miles recently without stopping on a treadmill at a 8:30 minute/mile pace.  My heart rate stayed below 166 the entire period.  My legs felt good and it appears that my conditioning is holding up.  I am being quite catious this season with injuries and I am staying away from the high speed stuff for a while yet.  Last week I ran 2.5 miles at the same pace and my heart rate was at 95% the last mile.  I felt good the entire event, but Linda and I were up against the clock and had to get out the gym and I left it at 2.5 miles.  I would like to do a 5K in less than 30 minutes and hopefully I can get that chance this week of next.  

Currently, I have no real injuries with which I am dealing, which is a great way to start the racing season.  I was thinking about working out outside today, but the humidity is quite high and that may force a change in plan and keep my on the treadmill.   The high humidity runs really wipe me out and I may have to hold off a few more weeks.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joseph Ford III is a Wonderful Man

Enough!

First Time Ever?