Serious competition

Our house is in an area that is abundant with wildlife and a couple weeks ago I stumbled onto some baby bunnies ready to leave the nest.   We never saw a mother, but about 6 little rabbits are currently residing in various locations around our house in flower beds, under the gazebos, shed or wherever they chose.  They are fun to watch, realtively tame and just plain cute.  They are growing very quickly and will soon be scattered around the neighborhood.  I wonder if they want to race?? 

In a few weeks the racing does start for me, the Tennessee State Championship will be held.    I have started some speed work outside--finally.  I have held off as long as possible to prevent the injury that has plaqued me in recent years.  

Yesterday I got the stop watch out  and ran some grass sprints on a very nice soccer field that is one of may favorites.  It is mowed very short and is quite smooth.  I ran some 100 meters in the 13-14 second range and felt pretty good.   I also ran some 50 meters to see how the speed was holding up.  I broke 7 seconds with a standing start and had good acceleration.  My hammies were sore today, which is expected, so I will rest a day and do some running tomorrow.  This is the point of training where I do need to run  4 times a week.  Hot weather should help, I like to break a sweat getting out of the car.  

I have been a little light on the training over the Holiday, but I have a great excuse. Linda and I went the Indy 500 and had a  great time at the race.   I was rooting for Tony Kanaan from the start, I was not a bandwagon jumper!!  It is quite an event, I went to the race about 30 years ago and we were  in the infield and missed the show.  This year we were near the start finish line and took it all in.  The race was fantastic,  even Jim Nabors made it this year to get the tears loosened up with 'Back Home in Indiana'.  Go if you get a chance,  and they are really fast.  WOW!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joseph Ford III is a Wonderful Man

Enough!

First Time Ever?