Cheese and whine

I got the whine....but with good reason.   I have had multiple computer and phone failures the last couple weeks and it can drive you nuts.   Just pretend it is 1957 and the secretary is on vacation, your secretary of course.    One day this week I did not have phone or internet capability and I was basically floating thru the world with no way for anyone to find me.  Some ways that is good and most ways it is bad.   I was flying that day and as a rule, I keep Linda posted on my status.   That was impossible, and nothing bad happened, so the panic button was not pushed.  I want to forget that mess.   

I have been working on more speed work and had a set back on Monday of this week.   I had a really major cramp or something on my left hip and basically stopped me in my tracks.    I was little dehydrated from some yard work over the weekend, but I thought I was properly hydrated by the next morning.  

I did my normal warm up at the high school track in about 8:00 AM.  I felt pretty loose and started on a 200 m and ran smoothly on the curve and accelerated on the straight away.  When I speeded up,  the left hip/upper leg seized up and I pulled up immediately.   I rarely have that sort of issue..... and  it hurt a lot.  I limped badly all day and could barely get thru the airports...I looked like a 92 year old man going up the jetway.  It has improved each day since and I will try to run a little this weekend.   I am also scheduled for my normal massage this Saturday and we will work on it and see if I can get it fixed.   Two weeks until the TN State meet.    So time is critical. 

If it does not go away, I have decided that I will most likely retire from active competition.  If I cannot stay healthy, I will give it up.  I have been struggling with foot issues as well, and I managed thru them, but muscle issues are devastating. 

Maybe I will wait til I am 75 and try it again.  They don't train, just show up and do it. Maybe I should too.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joseph Ford III is a Wonderful Man

Enough!

First Time Ever?