The Local Evening News

Have you watched much evening new lately?   They have a tendency to just keep piling on the bad news regardless of the situation.  If someone did not get murdered in their town, they will cover another town's chaos.   I feel like I have a permenant spot on their set.  

My hip is improving slightly--I would say it is 85 to 90%.   I did do some running this week in Memphis on a synthethic track.  I was able to try to ramp the speed a little and test the hip.   There is a definite limit on how much the hip will take without getting stiff and painful.   I ran three times last week, twice indoors and once out.  My fitness level is very good, but I am struggling to be pain free.  

Yesterday I had a back problem jump up and smack me up side the butt.   I was moving some firewood and cutting up some debris and was bent over for 30 seconds and when I straightened up, I had a very intense stiffness in the lower back.   It was pretty instense, so I had Linda put on some redhot and continued on with the day.  I will take several days for me to  work through.  The last time this happened, I had a low speed bike incident.  I tried to jump a curb with a mountain bike at 0.5 mph and I failed, caught the curb and when flying off the bike--it stopped immediately.   I got back to normal in about 5 days--hopefully that is the case this episode.   Stretching, heat and cold treatment this week.  

I will be traveling to Boise, Idaho this week.  I will be training some new talent for the tissue business.  I had hopes of getting in some work at higher altitude, but with my health situation, I would settle for some walking at this point--greta way to burn some fat.  They have some great hills in the area, so hopefully I can take advantage of the terrain.

Next Saturday I run the 400 at the TN State meet in the morning.   I will visit my massage therapist after the race and run the 50 and 200 m on Sunday morning.   Hoepfully this old body can hold up for another meet and I will not be "Breaking News".  News at 11  !!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joseph Ford III is a Wonderful Man

Enough!

First Time Ever?