Prep Week

A follow up to the last blog.  Today I ran at the Ravenwood track and there was a dozen people involved with some sort of activity.  Leaving the grounds open is a big deal.  All week I have been using the track and the least amount of people has been two.  One day I ran after a really nasty rain storm and it was only me and a young footballer getting in some sprints.  If you have a nice facility-- let everyone in.

This week was the "hard" training week where you do plenty of work, but do not get hurt.  Easier said than done.  I have been alternating between fast days and pace days.  Yesterday was grass sprints in the morning with parachutes and some 50's on grass.  I ran on grass just to give my feet a break.  It was a good work out and I also chatted with Bob Van Fleteren.  Bob is a great jumper and was tuning up his pole vault.  He looked pretty solid and will haul in his usual bucket of metals.  Good luck and stay healthy, Bob. Today I did some endurance work.  I ran two 800 meters in 3:40 and 3:50 seconds, followed by a 600, 300 and a 100.  I felt pretty racy in warm up and I think the training is starting to really kick in a bit. Tomorrow I will get into some speed stuff and see how strong I feel.

The weather has been a challenge-really hot.    I have tried to run early in the morning, otherwise, late in the day it is impossible to be safely hydrated.  Dehydration equals injuries and that is not an option this late in the training.  I will try to get a least two more intense work outs before a couple days of rest on Wednesday thru Friday.  The meet days are Saturday and Sunday.

Sometimes good things just fall into your lap.  Linda's massage therapists has a friend that..... Well, I have ordered a pink tutu with a 37 jnch waist so I can wear it in my October races.  October is Breast Cancer Awareness month and last year I used pink arm sleeves to support those who have struggled with this horrible disease and really got a great response. I want to up my game this year.  The NFL wears a lot of pink game wear and I think I can rock it as well. And that little girl at the Nashville meet can pull off the tutu look, I think I can give it a shot as well.  And no, I will not be wearing any heels!  I stop at that!  Running is supposed be fun, not torture for the feet.

A couple more days and it is time to qualify for The Nationals next summer in Birminham.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joseph Ford III is a Wonderful Man

Enough!

District Qualifier