More Animal crap

I am getting a handle on the moles and now there is a buck white tail that is using my small trees as the his personal antler polish.  It has been so dry lately, I have not been mowing the yard and I have not had chance to see all the trees around the property. The other day I was walking around and two trees in the front of the house were torn up  pretty good.   I bought some 4 Inch drainage pipe to protect them, but several are in pretty bad shape and will probably need to be removed.  Deer and beaver are not my favorites in this area.  It is very frustrating to plant trees and keep them alive and then some idiot buck just shreds your work! 

I am signed up for the Nationals next summer in Birmingham, Al.   The meet will be 5 days and they will run all the ages in those 5 days.  It is going to be crowded and busy.  In the past, the 65 and up ran a separate meet the week before the youngsters arrived.   That is a lot of heats in the prelims in one day..  Hopefully the competitors can stay out of the weather until it is time to run.  

Enough whining.   Linda asked me the other day about a 5K I ran last year on Thanksgiving morning.  I had not given it any thought up till then,  But, I did go out and do some distance work and I think I will sign up and run the lap around the Cool Springs Galleria.  I am still thinking I can beat 30 minutes and have failed every time.  Maybe this go round, the lighter me can do it.  I am still keeping the weight off  and trying to get below the 190 pound barrier.  I hit 191 the other day, so a little progress has been noticed. 

I am in my "off season" and do a lot more weight work and no speed work. Core, legs and arms are the bulk of the gym time. I also continue to do my stretching routine and my flexible continues to pretty good in my opinion. But this off season I am going to make time to work on starts from blocks and get my quarter mile speed nailed down. I have been quite a bit of reading and I am going to start trying some different strength work and see it  can make me any faster.  Some of it very simple and what I have tried causes some pretty good muscle burning!

Linda and I went to the knee doctor yesterday( the surgeon) and she is basically ready for the real world with her new knee.  No problems and it is in place.  This knee was much easier than the first for various reasons, but the technology gets better every year.   She is trying to get some back pain under control and we hope to have an answer for that problem by month end.  The back pain has been an absolute nightmare the last couple of months.  She is tough, but it has been pretty rugged to handle all the pain and suffering.   I wish there is more I could do to help.  But is has been a hard two months for her to handle.

This weekend we are going to go at see the Titans and the Packers play in town.  An Facebook friend had some tickets they could not use and they ask us if we could go?  well of course.  I have new Steelers jacket I can show off.   I guess I can wear Steelers gear.  Linda does have a Mariota jersey and she can support the locals. It should be fun.  We did not see any NFL live last season.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joseph Ford III is a Wonderful Man

Enough!

First Time Ever?