Working and Running

After I finished the National meet I hustled home, changed my luggage and headed to Miami Beach for the 2018 Tissue World trade show.   I had a busy week with meeting on Monday and Tuesday with a volunteer peer technical group in which I am a leader.
 The martini shown is a Frescatini available at the Grill Fish on Collins Avenue and it a cucumber based martini that is just incredibly delicious.  If you are in South Beach--skip Ocean Blvd and head for this place.  The staff is fantastic and the food and service is top shelf.  This visit is always a trip highlight!
  Then on Wednesday through Friday I was involved in the shows.   A very busy week of meetings and greetings.  

I dragged my carcass home on Friday to get some rest with three days at home scheduled.    I was shot from no rest and constant travel all over the Eastern time zone.   But, on Sunday I started to get sick and by Monday was headed to the doctor to see what was going on with my head and chest.  I was getting a massive headache and my lungs hurt from a hacking cough.   They doctor checked me for flu and that was negative and gave me some antibiotics to see if they could help.  I am improving but I am far from back to anything near normal energy.   My personal  prognosis is walking pneumonia which I have gotten a couple of times when my lungs were under duress.   I developed walking pneumonia in Phoenix when I was caught in a dust storm and I really think the low humidity at the National meet set off this attack.  I am adjusted to high humidity--50% + and in the building at Landover the humidity hovered in the teens!   That low amount of humidity was just too much for me to handle and I also struggled to stay hydrated.  As matter of fact, I doubt if I was hydrated all weekend. The lack of rest was also a major contributor, but I had work commitments as well and I need to get paid.  I have not been working all week due to fever and a very limited amount of energy in which to make my brain operate.  It has been a shitty week.

During the big meets Dave Albo and his staff take professional quality pictures of the competition.  I already have two pictures of his and purchased another from this meet.   He has a shot of me in the 4 x 400 handing off to Charlie Powell with the lead in the second heat. Check out Daves stuff, just search him on Google and his work will come up.
This shot is of David Schmanski bringing home the baton for the Gold!!

Another item I would like to promote is a book by Grady Cash to help the racers and runners to stay healthy and be more competitive in the Masters racing world.  He wrote a book that is available on Amazon and is great read to give you ideas for training and gear. I have a couple copies and it has been helpful in the shoe department.  Check it out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joseph Ford III is a Wonderful Man

Enough!

First Time Ever?