USATF Indoors

The USATF Indoor National track meet is this weekend near FedEx Field in Maryland.   I am headed that way today to run in all the sprint events and a couple of relays.  I am a member of the SoCal Track club who likes to compete for the team title at these National events.  We were second at the outdoors last year in Baton Rouge.    Hopefully I can score enough points to be helpful.  I am in 5 events, two relays and 3 individual races.  I think I can score about a dozen points--we will see.  

I have been training as much as possible.  I have done a lot of core and hip related work and that's section is pretty strong.   I had a issue with some back pain last week and I can get through that with some heat.   Some of these aches and pains are probably the "new normal" but I do not want to admit that is the case.   I have been working hardest on the 60 and I hope to make a good show in that event.  The 200 and 400 will be OK, depending on how I feel, I hope to get points in all these events.

Linda uses a group in Franklin that works with Feldenkreis principles to get the body back into a normal state and those sessions have  been very useful.  I have also added in some Pilates Reformer and I have the joints and muscles loosened up and ready.    Every little bit helps. 

Today I have noticed the nerves have been coming along and I am getting these anxious periods where the heart races and in a few seconds you return to normal.   Just aggravating, but it means I am getting the mental part ready.  The mental part is a very large part of the running, you got to be able to go through the emotions and keep your cool and be ready to perform.   I learned a lot last season in the three National events and hopefully I can be able to enjoy the weekend, run well and get a medal or two for my efforts.

Reports to follow....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joseph Ford III is a Wonderful Man

Enough!

First Time Ever?