Break time is over

I think my little training vacation may be coming to an end.   The busy meter is going to be pegging the next 8 weeks.   Linda and I are buying a house in Brentwood, TN.  The current owners want to close by mid November and we need to have the money, insurance, other messy details completed.  Throw in moving around the Holidays and we have the real American dream coming true.   The moving is pretty straight forward, we do that a lot and we are quite good and 2 Men and a Truck do the rest.

I have my heaviest work load of the year is also coming up with a new tissue machine start up and the annual deer hunt thrown in the middle of it all.    But I have always liked challenges and this winter will be up at the top of the list.  

I am in Corvallis, Oregon this week and the weather is quite winter like in comparison to Tennessee.  I ran on the treadmill tonite and actually ran 1 miles in 8 minutes.  I backed it up with 1/2 mile at the same pace.   So my fitness is still quite good.  I took the "fitness test" on the Life Fitness treadmill, which compares me to other people my age and scored a "good".  Really, get the list of the others that scored higher, I want to look at it.   How about  something a little better.  I do not train year round for "good" .  I should quit taking that test, it pisses me off everytime. 

Enough whining, I will get some of the weight work  started this weekend.  It kills stress and it will be piling up real fast the next 2 months.

Last weekend, Linda and I traveled to Ohio to hang with my brother and Aunt and Uncle to make some applebutter in the copper kettle over an open fire.   We made another batch of Saunier's Finest.  It is some really good stuff.   No high fructose corn syrup in this stuff!  This family recipe requires apples, cider, sugar and cinnamon.  A simple and good recipe and at least 75 years old. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joseph Ford III is a Wonderful Man

Enough!

First Time Ever?