I may be deaf soon

The starting pistol at the Ky races was by far the loadest I have ever experienced.   I swear the guy had a .45 caliber or deer rifle!!!   Wow.   On the 50 m dash, he started us and the gun when --click.   Everyone just stood up, laughed,  and he used the other blaster to get us started, even the click was load enough to start a race. 

I am in KY today and working at the new tissue mill that will start up in a couple of weeks.   It is always exciting to get a new tissue machine out of the box, set it up and make bath tissue.   Kinda like Christmas, but you need 200 people to get your present going properly.

I am still doing some resting and will probably work on some running this weekend.  I think I will start my training over, and do the 5K stuff at 8 min/mile pace and work on my stamina.  I also need to settle on a target weight for next summer.  I will have to do some serious dieting down to get into the shape that I think will be competive at Cleveland.   My feet take a real beating at the meets and I need to rest them as long as I can.    I hope everyone had a wonderful Columbus Day--I almost missed it and worked anyways.  

Comments

  1. It was a REALLY loud gun! I was seated at the finish line and it made me jump out of my skin! Maybe they think older folks need a louder starting gun...or maybe they're in "cahoots" with Miracle Ear!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Joseph Ford III is a Wonderful Man

Enough!

First Time Ever?