No Shoes No Problem

Yesterday afternoon was gorgeous and I wanted to do some running on a track before the weather finally made it to winter.    Linda and I went to one of the closer tracks at Ravenwood High school and when I pulled up I said to her " I forgot my shoes".    I typically run in my rubber soled shoes in the off season and I had planned to do that today and had my shoes laid out, but I did not put them in the car.   OOPS.    So what to do?    The football field was still lined and was in good shape.  So, I put on my KT tape on each foot and added some athletic tape to hold it in place on the bottom of my feet,  and ran in the grass.   I have done this before and I enjoy the feeling of the feet in the grass.   I actually just run with shorts--no shirt or shoes--no problem.   I did 8 x 100 meters at an average of 16 seconds.  I ran the last 100 meter at 14.2 seconds, I was impressed becasue my heart rate was 150 BPM when I started, I wanted to get the rate up to max for a few minutes.  

Earlier in the week I did some treadmill work and I am trying to get my conditioning to a level where I can run a 5K in less than 28 minutes.    I did run 1.25 miles at an 8 min/mile pace.   I can run 8 min/mile pace for 8 minutes while keeping my heart rate below 90%.    I am getting better at the longer distance, and will continue to build on the conditioning to get the 5K pace. 

Today I did some weight work at the gym, my legs needed some rest.  I really had a tough time getting out of bed this morning--the time change was not the issue.  I feel very fatigued the day after running hard,  today I had that feeling.   I need to listen to my body and rest the legs after some hard running work.

  Next week I will do the Great Lakes States tour, Green Bay and Port Huron, MI. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joseph Ford III is a Wonderful Man

Enough!

First Time Ever?