Six More Days

We are in the process of buying a house, which in itself is an exhausting process, and are getting down to final days of providing endless streams of data upon demand  for the mortgage company--aka "Big Brother"    I think we have every infinite detail done, and got to meet the  present owners yesterday.  They are a retired couple and Dan was a commander in the Navy and flew jets.   They moved extensively during his career and are settling in Austin, TX.    Linda bought some furniture and fixtures and I worked on figuring out where all the mechanical stuff was located and how it worked--guy stuff.  

I am finally getting the excitement cranked up a little, I think we have everything covered and nothing can happen to kill the deal.  We laid out how our bedroom would be situated and finalized which room would be the spare bedroom, master suite and guest bedroom.   We are anxious to get some of our stuff in the house and see how much room we actually have to work with.    The current owners have every nook and cranny filled with small cupboards and chests and the space is very full.

Since we are moving around the Holidays, I think we will put up the Christmas tree immediately and worry about what the regular layout will look like in January.  Kinda  different way to do it, but I think is better than arranging everthing and the next day setting up for Christmas. The Christmas mode is an extensive process and the kids will be coming this year, so we need it to be right.    We will have two fireplace mantles to put up our "LEON" stocking hangers.  Noel would be Leon spelled backwards.   We may have a double Leon if we are not careful.  

I have been staying busy at the gym with some 8 mile/minute work outs on the treadmills. I can do a 1 1/2 miles stint without stopping if I feel good.    Today I did my heavy leg workout and will do some upper body tomorrow and probably run on Sunday.  I also see my man Geoff and get a massage.   I have been on a lot of planes lately and he can cure that neck stiffness very well.   So I am keeping busy, feel good and my weight is staying around 199.    I will be ready for deer week without having to make a special effort to get into 'up and down the hills' shape. 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joseph Ford III is a Wonderful Man

Enough!

First Time Ever?