Looney Tunes

When I left the TULSA ariport last night, they had a junk yard consisting of 3 planes that could not be flown!    OK Delta, you proved your point, that you fly junk, but this is rubbing salt into the wound a little.  

I would like to calm down a little, but getting the hell out of Tulsa may be a problem.  Yesterday, I had a 6:00 PM flight to Memphis and then on to Nashville.   Pretty simple.   Our plane broke the steering on the way to the runway-- we were on the ramp leading to the starting line.   We had a tremendous shudder when it broke.  I thought a flat tire, but it was mechanical.   Anytime this happens, you are screwed-- just the way it is with Delta.     The flight attendant was pretty panicky, which did not help the situation on on RJR aka 'flying tube'.   Quote "there is not procedure for this sort of thing"    Well, how about some common sense procedure and improvise a little, take a chance once in your life , dude.  We need heroes everyday!    The grounds crew came out with a plane mover that was too small and they had to get another to get us back the gate. We were only marooned about 45 minutes in the access road to the runway.    When we returned to the gate,  I got off the plane, I knew it was not going anywhere.  Small airports do not keep parts or mechanics around that can fix this stuff.     Plus,  once fixed, it must be tested and the paperwork done.  Parked for a while.

They had a spare plane flown in from somewhere--probably Memphis.    OK, we have a little hope here.  Linda had already started for Memphis to pick me up and get me home late late Friday night.  The connection from MEM to BNA was not going to happen.   But -- Mr. Mold foiled this attempt.  The flight attendant rejected the spare plane due to mold.  Thanks dude, you just cancelled 16 hours of my life.  I talked to the local ground crew member that checked my in this morning and we discussed the mold situation.   He said the flight attendant 'over reacted' and it could have flown.   If I see Mr. Mold again, I will probably get tossed off the plane--some sort of Delta junk-- but he is going to have to listen to some pretty pointed whining about losing 16 hours of my life.  By the way ''we are sorry " is quite true but it not an excuse.   Tulsa and Delta are going to loose my as a customer.  

"We are sorry" .  Make that your slogan, because these regional jets are junk--just look at your Tulsa junkyard.  Our two beaters are parked and the flight to Detroit was also cancelled--mechanical issues.  Three beaters at gate 33, 30, 28.   Put up a sign, " Delta--the sorriest airline on the ground"  they can't keep them in the air. 

They did put us in a decent room near the hotel--Hilton Garden Inn, but no restaurant options--hotel food tonight. bar closes at 10:00 PM.   Today the flight was supposed to leave at 10:35 AM for ATL.  It is delayed 3 hours for God knows what.   Oh "we are sorry for your inconvenience"  !!!   Well, do I try to get on a Southwest plane??  Delta does not deal with them as a matter of course, so that is a not starter as well.     They may learn something from SWA and that could be a bad thing.   I really feel bad for the local Delta people, they do not get to other airports and just service the regional junk jets.  They are on a really leaky ship and have not a clue.

Hey, I did get a $25 voucher good until 4:00 today from Delta.   How frozen yogurt does that buy me at TUL????    

This story could get better.  As professional traveler, you expect better.  But Delta is going a good job of 'learning me up' on not flying with them again. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joseph Ford III is a Wonderful Man

Enough!

First Time Ever?