Company week end

My wife's parents are in town this weekend, so we are entertaining between rain.  I has been a really wet year in Tennessee, which is great for gardening.  On the other hand, we are still mowing every 7 days and the grass is incredibly dense.  Mowing works the 26 HP mower pretty hard and the grass looks like windrows when you are finished.   We will continue to take advantage of the outstanding gardening season.  We planted turnips and turnips greens that sprouted in 4 days!!!  So I planted some carrots yesterday between rain storms, they may come up in 3 days--who knows.    We started to eat some of our second batch of sweet corn yesterday,  the Silver Queen was pretty good on the grill. 

Linda was in the Brentwood library yesterday and found some pictures of our house.  In the background of one of the shots were two barns.  The pictures get the juices flowing to get a garage/barn/summer kitchen underway.    But, we need a kitchen remodel first and the barn will wait.   I think there is a lot of material on our house and it should be fun looking at some old photos of the "Fly House"

I got in a little exercise this weekend.  I did some heavy leg work Friday and cleaned up brush yesterday.   The brush cleaning is not that intense, but you sweat buckets and you are just as tired as a running workout.  The humidity has been off the chart the last couple days and I don't know if I could survive a running workout. 

I pulled  out the  The Training Program for a 400m-200m Sprinter.    by Rob ???. It is a paper written for training of Michael Johnson to do a 200- 400 double in college.  The author got a 92 grade.    The suggestions by the professor was to increase the running by 50%.   MJ still holds the world record in the 400 meters @ 43.18 seconds.    The paper has some great ways to do less training with more intensity, which is great for me.   I am good for about 60 to 70 minutes of training and then I start to loose my energy.  So, I have to get my work done in an hour or so.  If we can get rid of some humidity, I will put some of Rob's ideas to work.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joseph Ford III is a Wonderful Man

Enough!

First Time Ever?